Blowfish Encrypted String - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Boyd
Subject Blowfish Encrypted String
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello All,

I have a string in a program that I have encrypted using Blowfish and I am now trying to figure out the best way to store that in PostgreSQL so that I can store it and retrieve it later for decryption.  I have searched around and have not found some good examples of how to go about this.

So my first questions is: Can someone point me to a tutorial or posting that shows how one might do that?

Failing that:
What data type should I use to store this?
What does the SQL look like to INSERT/SELECT the field?

Thanks,

Craig