Re: Wired if-statement in gen_partprune_steps_internal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ryan Lambert
Subject Re: Wired if-statement in gen_partprune_steps_internal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Should the status of this patch be updated to ready for comitter to get in line for Pg 14 deadline?

Ryan Lambert

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 11:38 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 7:50 AM Ryan Lambert <ryan@rustprooflabs.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 11:03 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, this seems to have totally slipped my mind.
>>
>> Attached is the patch I had promised.
>>
>> Also, I have updated the title of the CF entry to "Some cosmetic
>> improvements of partition pruning code", which I think is more
>> appropriate.
>
> Thank you.  The updated patch passes installcheck-world.  I ran a handful of test queries with a small number of partitions and observed the same plans before and after the patch. I cannot speak to the quality of the code, though am happy to test any additional use cases that should be verified.

Thanks Ryan.

There's no need to test it extensively, because no functionality is
changed with this patch.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com