Data-only pg_rewind, take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Travers
Subject Data-only pg_rewind, take 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi;

Attached is my second attempt at the pg_rewind change which allows one to include only a minimal set.  To my understanding, all past feedback has been addressed.

The current patch does not change default behavior at present.  It does add a --data-only flag which allows pg_rewind to only rewind minimal files to work.  I believe this would generally be a good practice though maybe there is some disagreement on that.

I have not run pg_indent because of the large number of other changes but if that is desired at some point I can do that.

I also added test cases and some docs.  I don't know if the docs are sufficient.  Feedback is appreciated.  This is of course submitted for v13.

--
Best Regards,
Chris Travers

Tel: +49 162 9037 210 | Skype: einhverfr | www.adjust.com