[GSoC 2020] Questions About Performance Farm Benchmarks and Website - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kalvin Eng
Subject [GSoC 2020] Questions About Performance Farm Benchmarks and Website
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi there,

I am potentially interested in the performance farm project listed here: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2020#Develop_Performance_Farm_Benchmarks_and_Website_.282020.29

I've applied to the pgperffarm mailing list as well, but am waiting for moderator approval so I thought this list would be the best to ask about the performance farm code.

Here are the questions based on the https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgperffarm.git;a=summary repo:
  • Why is a front end framework used instead of django templates?
  • Any reason why the server hasn't been containerized?
  • Django 1.11 will no longer be supported in April 2020, is it time to move to 2.2 LTS? (https://www.djangoproject.com/download/#supported-versions)
  • What have been the issues with authentication integration to postgresql.org?
  • Should the client be turned into a package for package managers (e.g. pypi, DPKG, brew, etc.)?
  • The project description mentions refactoring to Python 3, but it seems like that was completed last GSoC?
  • Should the performance visualizations be added again?

I've also looked at past mailing lists for this project, but am interested in hearing current insights from the community:

Thanks,
Kalvin