Re: PATCH: psql tab completion for SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Edmund Horner
Subject Re: PATCH: psql tab completion for SELECT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5 March 2018 at 21:46, Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Tab completion on functions in SELECT (a subset of this thread's patch)
> is quite important to me personally.  I will work on this in the coming
> days.

It's something I've missed numerous times in the last few months at
work.  I guess I should really be running a psql with my own
preliminary patches applied; but I'm only a novice pgsql-hacker, and
easily default to using the official one.

If you are going to work on a patch just for functions, you should
probably make it a SchemaQuery.  I did not find a way to support
schema-qualified functions in a query that also returned column names.

Cheers,
Edmund