Re: error in the example given for numeric data types - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Priyank Rajvansh
Subject Re: error in the example given for numeric data types
Date
List pgsql-general

First of all thanks for your reply.This mean that this was a bug in the previous versions right?
Secondly, I would love to connect with you as I am a college student and I want to be a contributor to open source software so can we connect on some platform? I really need someone to guide me

Thanking you in advance,
Priyank Rajvansh

On Sat, 15 Jul, 2023, 12:46 pm jian he, <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/datatype-numeric.html

"docs/15" means this url pointer to pg version 15.

> practice=# create table t1(height numeric(3,5));
> ERROR:  NUMERIC scale 5 must be between 0 and precision 3
> LINE 1: create table t1(height numeric(3,5));
>  Please look into the matter and kindly revert back to me whatever you find
> out about this so that i can correct myself incase i misunderstood what the
> document says...

it works in pg15, not in pg14.
see my test: https://dbfiddle.uk/wgfjCx7j