Problem dbi_link with postgresql 9.04 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Emanuel Araújo
Subject Problem dbi_link with postgresql 9.04
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

In one of our applications, we use the dbi_link for communication with a firebird db, works very well in version 8.3 we have one of our PostgreSQL server (CentOS 5.3). We are doing tests for migration to version 9.4 or 9.1, and the use of tests dbi_link got the following errors:

dbi_fortes = # SELECT "NAME" FROM ag. "CLI";
WARNING: SELECT dbi_link.cache_connection (1) at line 12.
CONTEXT: PL / Perl function "remote_select"
ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "LATIN1": 0x00 at line 198.
CONTEXT: PL / Perl function "remote_select"

Originally the db was SQL_ASCII but was migrated to use LATIN1, and the same problem occurs when using the original encoding (SQL_ASCII).

Using the query to collect just one of the linked table fields, "dbi_fortes = # SELECT * FROM dbi_link.remote_select (1, 'SELECT NAME FROM CLI':: text) remote_select (" NAME "text) LIMIT 10;" it returns without no problem.

We think the field of this table that is causing the error, and it contains NULL values.

Using "isql" I can usually return the data.

questions:

1. which may have changed from version 8.3/8.4 (works well) to version 9.* which can cause this kind of incompatibility?

2. does anyone know of any bug dbi_link about it?

3. Is there any other tool similar to dbi_link use?

4. Something else that can help me about it?

Thanks.

--
Atenciosamente,

Emanuel Araújo