Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 16 March 2017 at 19:52, Stas Kelvich <s.kelvich@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> I’m working right now on issue with building snapshots for decoding prepared tx.
> I hope I'll send updated patch later today.

Great.

What approach are you taking?

It looks like the snapshot builder actually does most of the work we
need for this already, maintaining a stack of snapshots we can use. It
might be as simple as invalidating the relcache/syscache when we exit
(and enter?) decoding of a prepared 2pc xact, since it violates the
usual assumption of logical decoding that we decode things strictly in
commit-time order.