Re: [buildfarm-members] git failures - Mailing list buildfarm-members

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [buildfarm-members] git failures
Date
Re: [buildfarm-members] git failures  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List buildfarm-members
On 4 January 2017 at 10:15, Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 01/03/2017 08:32 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 20:25 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
>> <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:
>>
>>     Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net <mailto:sfrost@snowman.net>> writes:
>>
>>     > I'm hopeful that I fixed it....
>>

>>     For the benefit of the other people with this problem ... what did
>>     you do?
>>

>> I did a git pull in the REL9_2_STABLE/pgsql directory and accepted the
>> merge commit message.
>>
>> I'm not convinced that was really the "right" or "correct" thing to do,
>> but it seemed to allow subsequent git pull's without erroring or asking for
>> any user interaction.
>>
>> Will look into it more tomorrow.
>>

> That didn't work for me. I removed that directory altogether, and I expect
> the next buildfarm run to rebuild it cleanly.

It's definitely not the right thing.

You should remove the clone, or

git reset --hard origin/REL9_2_STABLE

it.