Re: [HACKERS] TAP tests take a long time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] TAP tests take a long time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12 April 2017 at 08:22, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Craig Ringer
> <craig.ringer@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> We should also have a debug --no-fsync option for initdb, or maybe allow it
>> to take -o options to pass to child postgres so we can pass fsync=off .
>
> That's an idea as well...

OK, looking at this, initdb already runs postgres -F then does its own
fsync()s at the end.

It already has a -N / --no-sync option too. Which is already used by
PostgresNode.pm . So as much as can be done has already been done
here.

-- Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training
&Services