Re: logical decoding of two-phase transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 20 March 2017 at 21:47, Stas Kelvich <s.kelvich@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

>>> Yep, time is tight. I’ll try today/tomorrow to proceed with this two scan approach.
>>> If I’ll fail to do that during this time then I’ll just update this patch to decode
>>> only non-ddl 2pc transactions as you suggested.
>>
>> I wasn't suggesting not decoding them, but giving the plugin the
>> option of whether to proceed with decoding or not.
>>
>> As Simon said, have a pre-decode-prepared callback that lets the
>> plugin get a lock on the 2pc xact if it wants, or say it doesn't want
>> to decode it until it commits.
>>
>> That'd be useful anyway, so we can filter and only do decoding at
>> prepare transaction time of xacts the downstream wants to know about
>> before they commit.
>
> Ah, got that. Okay.

Any news here?

We're in the last week of the CF. If you have a patch that's nearly
ready or getting there, now would be a good time to post it for help
and input from others.

I would really like to get this in, but we're running out of time.

Even if you just post your snapshot management work, with the cosmetic
changes discussed above, that would be a valuable start.