Re: bdr admin role - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: bdr admin role
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7 September 2015 at 20:34, Ray Stell <stellr@vt.edu> wrote:

>>> The demo works fine if
>>> I use the string "postgresql" as the admin role.  It looks like you might
>>> want to build -U support into bdr at some point.
>>
>> It's not at all clear to me how this is happening. The string
>> "postgresql" isn't hardcoded by BDR anywhere that it could conceivably
>> be passed as a username for a connection string, so I'm not sure
>> what's going on.
>>
>> I've never used "postgresql" as the default superuser name. Typically
>> I use "postgres".
>>
>> I don't see anything particularly informative in the main PostgreSQL
>> sources that could explain it either. We pass "postgresql" as the
>> PGSQL_PAM_SERVICE and use it as the default RADIUS identifier, but I
>> fail to see how those could get passed as the login role identifier.
>>
>> Are you running it under a unix user named "postgresql", by any chance?
>
> Yes.

Hm, ok. So somewhere a connection string lacks a 'user=' entry, and
libpq is defaulting to the operating system user name, which doesn't
exist as database user.

I don't see this in my tests. Can you confirm the exact BDR version
you're testing/using? "git rev-parse --short HEAD" and "git branch"
please.