Re: [Patch proposal] libpq portal support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [Patch proposal] libpq portal support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 17:43, Sergei Fedorov <sergei.a.fedorov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everybody,

Yes, we will be happy to put our patch under the PostgreSQL License.

Patch is attached to this email, master was rebased to head prior to creating the patch.

We are using a C++ wrapper on top of libpq for using database connections in multithreaded asynchronous applications. For security reasons (and partially because we are too lazy to escape query parameters) we use prepared queries and parameter binding for execution. There are situations when we need to fetch the query results not in one batch but in a `paged` way, the most convenient way is to use the portals feature of PosgreSQL protocol.

Thanks. That's a really good reason. It'd also bring libpq closer to feature-parity with PgJDBC.

Please add it to the commitfest app https://commitfest.postgresql.org/

 2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise