Re: [HACKERS] Logical decoding on standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Logical decoding on standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23 March 2017 at 00:13, Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 22 March 2017 at 08:53, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm splitting up the rest of the decoding on standby patch set with
>> the goal of getting minimal functionality for creating and managing
>> slots on standbys in, so we can maintain slots on standbys and use
>> them when the standby is promoted to master.
>>
>> The first, to send catalog_xmin separately to the global xmin on
>> hot_standby_feedback and store it in the upstream physical slot's
>> catalog_xmin, is attached.
>>
>> These are extracted directly from the logical decoding on standby
>> patch, with comments by Petr and Andres made re the relevant code
>> addressed.
>
> I've reduced your two patches back to one with a smaller blast radius.
>
> I'll commit this tomorrow morning, barring objections.

Thanks. I was tempted to refactor GetOldestXmin to use flags myself,
but thought it might be at higher risk of objections. Since Eiji Seki
has shown that there are other uses for excluding particular things
from GetOldestXmin it and that's committed now, it's nice to have the
impact of this patch reduced.