Re: Logical decoding on standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Logical decoding on standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5 April 2017 at 04:19, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2017-04-04 22:32:40 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
>> I'm much happier with this. I'm still fixing some issues in the tests
>> for 03 and tidying them up, but 03 should allow 01 and 02 to be
>> reviewed in their proper context now.
>
> To me this very clearly is too late for v10, and now should be moved to
> the next CF.

I tend to agree that it's late in the piece. It's still worth cleaning
it up into a state ready for early pg11 though.

I've just fixed an issue where hot_standby_feedback on a physical slot
could cause oldestCatalogXmin to go backwards. When the slot's
catalog_xmin was 0 and is being set for the first time the standby's
supplied catalog_xmin is trusted. To fix it, in
PhysicalReplicationSlotNewXmin when setting catalog_xmin from 0, clamp
the value to the master's GetOldestSafeDecodingTransactionId().

Tests are cleaned up and fixed.

This series adds full support for logical decoding on a standby.

Attachment