Re: PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24 March 2017 at 23:21, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> Hi Vaishnavi,
>
> On 3/19/17 9:32 PM, Vaishnavi Prabakaran wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:37 AM, Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org
>>
>> Please let me know if you think this is not enough but wanted to update
>> section 33.6 also?
>

> Daniel, any input here?
>
>>     > I would also like to hear Craig's opinion on it before applying this
>> fix
>>     > to the original patch, just to make sure am not missing anything
>> here.
>

> Craig?

I'm fairly confident that I overlooked single row mode entirely in the
original patch, though it's long enough ago that it's hard for me to
remember exactly.

I don't really have much of an opinion on the best handling of it.

I would expect to be setting single-row mode just before I requested
the *result* from the next pending query, since it relates to result
processing rather than query dispatch. But that's about all the
opinion I have here.