Re: Supporting huge pages on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Supporting huge pages on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5 April 2017 at 10:37, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
<tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Good point!  And I said earlier in this thread, I think managing privileges (adding/revoking privileges from the user
account)is the DBA's or sysadmin's duty, and PG's removing all privileges feels overkill.

I think it's a sensible alternative to refusing to run as a highly
privileged role, which is what we used to do IIRC.

> OTOH, I tried again to leave the DISABLE_MAX_PRIVILEGE as is and add Lock Pages in Memory, using the attached
pg_ctl.c. Please see EnableLockPagesPrivilege() and its call site.  But pg_ctl -w start fails emitting the following
message:

That won't work. You'd have to pass 0 to the flags of
CreateRestrictedToken and instead supply a PrivilegesToDelete array.
You'd probably GetTokenInformation and AND with a mask of ones you
wanted to retain.

-- Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training
&Services