Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV in BRIN autosummarize - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV in BRIN autosummarize
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17 October 2017 at 22:39, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
>> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 09:34:24AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> So: where did you get the existing binaries?  If it's from some vendor
>>> packaging system, what you should do is fetch the package source, add
>>> the patch to the probably-nonempty set of patches the vendor is applying,
>>> and rebuild your own custom package version.  If you haven't done that
>>> before, it's a good skill to acquire ...
>
>> I'm familiar with that process; but, these are PG10 binaries from PGDG for
>> centos6 x64.
>
> Well, I'm pretty sure Devrim builds those using the RPM build process.
> I'd have grabbed his SRPM and proceeded as above.

Yep, or unpack the tarball and apply the patch then build with the
same configure options as you find in the rpm spec. That can be easier
when iterating tests and builds.

Since the patches are separate, you can skip the tarball and clone the
same tag from git instead. Then apply the rpm patches as separate
commits. That's typically what I'll do, makes it easier to keep track.