Re: Parallel Seq Scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[Jumping in without catching up on entire thread. Please let me know
if these questions have already been covered.]

1. Can you change the name to something like ParallelHeapScan?
Parallel Sequential is a contradiction. (I know this is bikeshedding
and I won't protest further if you keep the name.)

2. Where is the speedup coming from? How much of it is CPU and IO
overlapping (i.e. not leaving disk or CPU idle while the other is
working), and how much from the CPU parallelism? I know this is
difficult to answer rigorously, but it would be nice to have some
breakdown even if for a specific machine.

Regards,   Jeff Davis