[pgsql-pkg-debian] 9.2 on Debian 5.0 (Lenny)? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Colin 't Hart
Subject [pgsql-pkg-debian] 9.2 on Debian 5.0 (Lenny)?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade an old machine we have currently on Debian 5.0
(Lenny) and PG 8.3 (yes, I know it's ancient, but the software is that
good it just keeps on working without problems).

Perusing https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/lenny-pgdg/
seems to indicate that 9.2 should be available, but trying to install
it results in errors:

colin@lb-replica:~$ sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package postgresql-9.2 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package postgresql-9.2 has no installation candidate
colin@lb-replica:~$

This is a different error than if the package is simply not available:

colin@lb-replica:~$ sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.3
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package postgresql-9.3
colin@lb-replica:~$

Trying to install just "postgresql" results in a similar error message:

colin@lb-replica:~$ sudo apt-get install postgresql
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  postgresql: Depends: postgresql-9.2 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
colin@lb-replica:~$

My relevant APT files are as follows:

colin@lb-replica:~$ more /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
colin@lb-replica:~$ more /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list
deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ lenny-pgdg main

I can just upgrade to 9.1 but it would be very nice to upgrade as far
as we can without upgrading the OS.

Thanks!

/Colin