Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY unexpectedly fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY unexpectedly fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:30 AM Manuel Rigger <rigger.manuel@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

On the latest trunk version, I get an error "index "t0_pkey_ccnew"
already contains data" when using REINDEX CONCURRENTLY:

CREATE TEMP TABLE t0(c1 INT PRIMARY KEY) ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS;
REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY t0; -- unexpected: ERROR:  index
"t0_pkey_ccnew" already contains data

Is this expected? I think I did not observe this error on earlier
PostgreSQL versions.

For what it is worth, I get the samer error in 12.0.  And the command doesn't exist in 11.

The "ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS" is necessary to repodcue the problem, but the index doesn't need to be primary key.

Cheers,

Jeff