Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw super user checks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw super user checks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I think the real behaviour can be described as something like this:
>
> "Only superusers may connect to foreign servers without password
> authentication, so always specify the <literal>password</literal>
> option for user mappings that may be used by non-superusers." But
> which user mappings may be used by non-superusers can not be defined
> without explaining views owned by superusers. I don't think we should
> be talking about views in that part of documentation.

Well, if we don't, then I'm not sure we can really make this clear.

Anyhow, I've committed the patch to master for now; we can keep
arguing about what, if anything, to do for back-branch documentation.

Thank you for the changes and commit.  Alas, I don't know how to document this clearly, either.

Cheers,

Jeff