Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Robert Haas wrote:
> [lots]

I have fixed all these items in the attached, thanks -- most
user-visible change was the pageinspect 1.3 thingy.  pg_upgrade from 1.2
works fine now.  I also fixed some things Heikki noted, mainly avoid
retail pfree where possible, and renumber the support procs to leave
room for future expansion of the framework.  XLog replay code is updated
too.

Also, I made the summarization step callable directly from SQL without
having to invoke VACUUM.

So here's v21.  I also attach a partial diff from v20, just in case
anyone wants to give it a look.

I get a couple compiler warnings with this:

brin.c: In function 'brininsert':
brin.c:97: warning: 'tupcxt' may be used uninitialized in this function
brin.c:98: warning: 'oldcxt' may be used uninitialized in this function

Also, I think it is missing a cat version bump.  It let me start the patched server against an unpatched initdb run, but once started it didn't find the index method.

What would it take to make CLUSTER work on a brin index?  Now I just added a btree index on the same column, clustered on that, then dropped that index.

Thanks,

Jeff