Re: [GENERAL] Locks Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Locks Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys

I just wanna understand the locks in a DB server:
Imagem inline 1

Access share = Does that mean queries were waiting because an update/delete/insert was happening?

It would seem more plausible that your chart is showing the locks that are *held*, not the locks that are *waiting to be granted*.  But without knowing where the chart came from, we can't know for sure.

If those are locks being held, it just means your server was kind of busy (which you already knew).  But we don't know how busy.  A single complex query can easily hold several dozens locks.

Cheers,

Jeff
Attachment