Re: BUG #13657: Some kind of undetected deadlock between query and "startup process" on replica. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: BUG #13657: Some kind of undetected deadlock between query and "startup process" on replica.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Maxim Boguk wrote:

>> I suppose deadlock had been happened when replay process replaying
>> truncation to zero pages after vacuum on the master db (but it's mostly
>> theory with no good evidence).
>
> By what was AccessExclusiveLock created on master? Did you run
> TRUNCATE on those two relations from time to time?

AccessExclusiveLock is automatically taken by vacuum when it thinks it
can truncate pages off the end of the relation.

Cheers,

Jeff