Re: pgcrypto: PGP signatures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: pgcrypto: PGP signatures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
Hi,

On 8/7/14 12:15 PM, I wrote:
Here's v2 of the patch.  I've changed the info-extracting code to not
look for signatures beyond the data, which also meant that it had to
parse one-pass signatures (which it didn't do before).  This matches the
behaviour of the main decryption code.

Here's the latest version where I've added the option to extract the creation time from the signatures.

There is trivial sgml patch application conflict due to a grammar correction in 05258761bf12a64befc9caec1947b254cdeb74c5

I wanted to start simple so I have a file which is signed, but not encrypted.  I can't figure out what to do with it.  All of the functions seem to require that it also be encrypted.  I tried providing an empty password for  pgp_sym_signatures but it didn't work.

Is there a way to deal with this situation?

Thanks

Jeff