Re: BUG #15753: FullText search cannot find bird, rat from birds, rats - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: BUG #15753: FullText search cannot find bird, rat from birds, rats
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 12:30 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      15753
Logged by:          Ozan Gerdaneri
Email address:      ozan.gerdaneri@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.2
Operating system:   win 10

Hi,
I have a column that contains words like cats, birds, rats ..  When I make
query with cat, it finds the column but  query doe snot return any result
with rat and bird? Do I need to make some configurations to enable this
feature?

You might need to change your configuration, but since you haven't told us what your configuration is, we don't know if you need to change it.

Meanwhile, the default configuration works for me.

create table foobar2 (x text);
insert into foobar2 values('cats, birds, rats');
select * from foobar2 where to_tsvector(x) @@ to_tsquery('bird');
 cats, birds, rats

Cheers,

Jeff