Re: To Do wiki - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: To Do wiki
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 10.04.2012 03:32, Jeff Janes wrote:
>>
>> The To Do wiki says not to add things to the page with discussing here.
>
>> sort_support was implemented for plain tuple sorting only, To Do is
>> extend to index-creation sorts (item 2 from message
>> <1698.1323222387@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
>

> Index-creation sorts are already handled, Tom is referring to using the new
> comparator API for index searches in that email. The change would go to
> _bt_compare().

If I do "select count(distinct bid) from pgbench_accounts" I get many
calls to btint4fastcmp, but if I do "create index on pgbench_accounts
(bid)" I instead get many calls to btint4cmp.  If the index build is
using SortSupport, shouldn't it also be calling btint4fastcmp like the
distinct does?

Cheers,

Jeff