Re: waiting for client write - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: waiting for client write
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 12:28 PM Ayub Khan <ayub.hp@gmail.com> wrote:
Vijay,

Both tomcat and postgresql are on the same region as that of the database server. It is an RDS so I do not have shell access to it.

Jeff,

The tomcat profile is suggesting that it's waiting for a response from the database server.

But waiting for a response should consume zero CPU, that is why I wonder if this is a CPU profile or a wall-time profile.

Tomcat and RDS are in the same availability region as  eu-central-1a

I don't think that that necessarily guarantees high network performance. Some EC2 server classes have better networking than others. And if the server says it is waiting for the client, and the client says it is waiting server (assuming that that is really what it is saying), then what else could it be but the network?

Cheers,

Jeff