Re: danger of stats_temp_directory = /dev/shm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: danger of stats_temp_directory = /dev/shm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 4/25/13 12:09 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think we need it fixed to reject any stats_temp_directory that is not
>> postgres-owned with restrictive permissions.  The problem here is not
>> with what it deletes, it's with the insanely insecure configuration.
>
> Yeah, the requirements should be similar to what initdb requires for
> PGDATA and pg_xlog.

Is this a blocker for 9.3?

If it is a concern of not what is deleted but rather that someone can
inject a poisoned stats file into the directory, does it need to be
back-patched all the way, as that could be done before the split
patch?

Cheers,

Jeff