Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Shigeru/Robert,
>
>> The way fixing oid2name and pgbench seems reasonable, so applying it to
>> vacuumlo (as Peter mentioned) would be enough for this issue.
>
> Shall I consider following 2 points to update the patch:
> 1. Apply changes similar to pgbench and oid2name for vacuumlo
> 2. Remove the modifications for dblink.

I've done these two things and committed this.  Along the way, I also
fixed it to use a stack-allocated array instead of using malloc, since
there's no need to malloc a fixed-size array with 7 elements.

Thanks for the patch.

Since this commit (17676c785a95b2598c573), pgbench no longer uses .pgpass to obtain passwords, but instead prompts for a password

This problem is in 9.3 and 9.4dev

According to strace, it is reading the .pgpass file, it just seem like it is not using it.

Cheers,

Jeff