Re: [HACKERS] generated columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] generated columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 4:03 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-03-26 20:50, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> It is great feature and I'll mark this feature as ready for commit

Committed, thanks.

I can't do a same-major-version pg_upgrade across this commit, as the new pg_dump is trying to dump a nonexistent attgenerated column from the old database.  Is that acceptable collateral damage?  I thought we usually avoided that breakage within the dev branch, but I don't know how we do it.

Cheers,

Jeff