Re: LWLock deadlock and gdb advice - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: LWLock deadlock and gdb advice
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2015-08-02 17:04:07 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> I've attached a version of the patch that should address Heikki's
> concern. It imo also improves the API and increases debuggability by not
> having stale variable values in the variables anymore. (also attached is
> a minor optimization that Heikki has noticed)

I've run these (from your git commit) for over 60 hours with no problem, so I think it's solved.

If there are still problems, hopefully they will come out in other tests.  I don't know why the gin test was efficient at provoking the problem while none of the other ones (btree-upsert, gist, brin, btree-foreign key, btree-prepare transaction) I've played around with.  Perhaps it is just due to the amount of WAL which gin generates.

Cheers,

Jeff