Re: postgres_fdw bug in 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: postgres_fdw bug in 9.6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 5:20 AM, Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
On 2017/03/21 18:40, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
Ok, I'll update the patch.  One thing I'd like to revise in addition to
that is (1) add to JoinPathExtraData a flag member to indicate whether
to give the FDW a chance to consider a remote join, which will be set to
true if the joinrel's fdwroutine is not NULL and the fdwroutine's
GetForeignJoinPaths is not NULL, and (2) if the flag is true, save info
to create an alternative local join path, such as hashclauses and
mergeclauses proposed in the patch, into JoinPathExtraData in
add_paths_to_joinrel.  This would avoid useless overhead in saving such
info into JoinPathExtraData when we don't give the FDW that chance.

Done.  Attached is a new version of the patch.

Is the fix for 9.6.3 going to be just a back port of this, or will it look different?

Cheers,

Jeff