table logging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject table logging
Date
Re: table logging  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
List pgsql-general
I am looking for some very simple table logging.  I am not trying to
do auditing in a hostile environment, just simple logging.

I found two candidates, tablelog from pgfoundry, and
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Audit_trigger_91plus

The first has the advantage of being simple, but hasn't been
maintained in 5 years which is a little worrisome.

The latter is very flexible, but is rather complex as you have to fish
out the data with queries against hstore object, instead of tables
with the same structure as the tables being logged.  On the other hand
it does deal with columns being added to the underlying tables more
gracefully.

Are there widely used/supported options other than these two, and of
course rolling my own?

Cheers,

Jeff