Re: [HACKERS] make check-world output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] make check-world output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:24 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Jeff Janes wrote:

> Also, it runs in about 8 minutes, not the 20 minutes reported by others.
> My system is virtualized, and not particularly fast.  I wonder if it is
> failing early somewhere without running to completion? How would/should I
> know?

Maybe you don't have --enable-tap-tests?

Yes, adding that does solve the too-fast "problem".  But it doesn't solve the "I don't know what this output to stderr means" problem.

Should --enable-tap-tests be mentioned in "32.1.3. Additional Test Suites"?   Or at least cross-referenced from "32.4. TAP Tests"?

It was obvious to me that check-world wouldn't test plperl unless plperl was configured.  But not so obvious that it wouldn't test anything using the tap framework unless that was configured, until after you pointed it out.

Thanks,

Jeff