Re: Table Partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Table Partitioning
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, May 21, 2013, Richard Onorato wrote:
I am wanting to partition my data based on a mod of one of the bigint columns, but when I run my insert test all the data goes into the base table and not the partitions.  Here is what the table looks like:

This works for me, on 9.2.4.  Can you show exactly how you do the inserts?

CREATE TABLE MyMappingTableT1 (PRIMARY KEY (id), CHECK((c1 % 5) = 0)) INHERITS (MyMappingTable);

This is not going to work well.  constraint_exclusion does not understand the modulus operator.

Cheers,

Jeff