Re: GroupAggregate and Integer Arrays - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: GroupAggregate and Integer Arrays
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 7:29 AM, David Osborne <david@qcode.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could suggest how we could improve the performance of this type of query?
The intensive part is the summing of integer arrays as far as I can see.

Postgres does not ship with any 'sum' function which takes array arguments.

> select sum('{1,2,3,4,5,6}'::int[]);

ERROR:  function sum(integer[]) does not exist

Are you using a user defined function?  If so, how did you define it?

Cheers,

Jeff