Re: Importing CSV File - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Importing CSV File
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 2:45 PM, David Blomstrom <david.blomstrom@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried to import a CSV file into a PostgreSQL table using pgAdmin III. I got an error message: "extra data after last column."

All my spreadsheets have an "end of data" column that has /r/n in each cell. When I import a CSV file into a MySQL table, everything beyond /r/n is ignored. Is there some way to tell PostgreSQL to stop at /r/n?

How does it know when to stop ignoring and start the next record?

You could write a little awk or perl script to give the PROGRAM option of copy, but you can't do that within pgAdmin.

Cheers,

Jeff