Re: [GENERAL] install the oracle data wrapper extension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: [GENERAL] install the oracle data wrapper extension
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Peter Koukoulis <pkoukoulis@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Is there a reliable way to create a database link from PosgreSQL 9.6 to Oracle 11g?
I am running 9.6 on Linux 64 bit.
I can connect to the Oracle database with sqlplus from the PostgreSQL server.

Also, I have  in attempted to install the oracle_fdw wrapper as an alternatve, but I keep getting the following error:

ft_node=# create extension oracle_fdw;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file "/usr/share/postgresql/9.6/extension/oracle_fdw.control": No such file or directory
ft_node=# \conninfo
You are connected to database "ft_node" as user "postgres" on host "localhost" at port "5432".
SSL connection (protocol: TLSv1.2, cipher: ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, bits: 256, compression: off)

Any suggestions?

What steps did you take to install oracle_fdw?

Cheers,

Jeff