using tab delimiter for csv format import - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jeff Janes
Subject using tab delimiter for csv format import
Date
List pgadmin-support
I have a tab-delimited text file I want to import into a table.
However, I do not want \t translated to tab characters, etc., which is
what the "text" format does.  My file does not contain any special
characters in need of escaping, and \ always just represents itself.

So instead I want to use the "csv" format and specify the tab as the
delimiter (on the "misc. options" tab).  But, tab does not appear in
the drop down list, and since typing tab changes the focus, a literal
tab cannot by typed into this field.  I could get around this by
typing a tab into WordPad, then copying and pasting it into the
delimiter field.  But it would much nicer if the tab character was
present in the delimiter drop down list (visibly represented by, say,
"<tab>").

Cheers,

Jeff