Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: checkpointer continuous flushing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2015-09-09 20:56:15 +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> As I wrote before, FreeBSD would be a good candidate because the
> posix_fadvise seems much more reasonable than on Linux, and should be
> profitable, so it would be a pity to remove it.

Why do you think it's different on fbsd? Also, why is it unreasonable
that DONNEED removes stuff from the cache?

It seems kind of silly that it means "No one, even people I am not aware of and have no right to speak for, needs this" as opposed to "I don't need this, don't keep it around on my behalf."

Cheers,

Jeff