Re: ERROR on database index - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Frank Alberto Rodriguez Solana
Subject Re: ERROR on database index
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi Laurenz, thanks for you reply. I do REINDEX but then the same problem was trigger but with pg_description_o_c_o_index,

[XX002] org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: index "pg_description_o_c_o_index" contains unexpected zero page at block

I reindex pg_description and I don't see more problems. The system file type is ext4 and is a cloud server.

But seeing logs I saw other problem in the same server but other database:
ERROR:  invalid page in block 1478644 of relation pg_tblspc/117936/PG_10_201707211/117939/259612

that's makes me wonder if the problem is in the filesystem, but I have 3 cloud servers with the same specification and working charge, and each server have an incremental backup with barman.

Thanks

El jue., 28 mar. 2019 a las 7:01, Laurenz Albe (<laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>) escribió:
Frank Alberto Rodriguez wrote:
> This morning the logs are showing me this error when I make a connection with
> an specific database.
>
> [
> ERROR:  index "pg_proc_proname_args_nsp_index" contains unexpected zero page
> at block 16 at character 61
> ]
>
> I create a new database but I don't know where to find the origin of the
> problem, or how to avoid this. Any idea would be helpful.

Ths looks like data corruption.

Could be a hardware problem or a PostgreSQL bug.

Were there any crashes lately?

Since this is an index, running
  REINDEX TABLE pg_proc;
as superuser would fix the problem.