Re: a verbose option for autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tommy Li
Subject Re: a verbose option for autovacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Stephen

> ... can set vacuum options on a table level which autovacuum should respect,
> such as vacuum_index_cleanup and vacuum_truncate.  For skip locked,
> autovacuum already will automatically release it's attempt to acquire a
> lock if someone backs up behind it for too long.

This is good information, I wasn't aware that autovacuum respected those settings.
In that case I'd like to focus specifically on the verbose aspect.

My first thought was a new boolean configuration called "autovacuum_verbose".
I'd want it to behave similarly to autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit in that it can be
set globally or on a per-table basis.

Thoughts?

Tommy