Does VACUUM FULL need ANALYZE ? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Eoin O'Hehir
Subject Does VACUUM FULL need ANALYZE ?
Date
Re: Does VACUUM FULL need ANALYZE ?  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
List pgsql-admin

Eoin O'Hehir <eoin.ohehir@clavisinsight.com>

8:59 PM (0 minutes ago)
to pgsql-admin-ow.
Hi,

I'd be grateful for some insight into the VACUUM functionality in 9.3. I read through the documentation and searched around a bit but could not find a definitive answer to this.

I'm setting up a weekly DB maintenance job for a 9.3 server.

Part of this will be a VACUUM FULL.

Is there any point in adding the ANALYZE option to the command ?

According to the 9.3 documentation, "VACUUM FULL rewrites the entire contents of the table into a new disk file with no extra space, allowing unused space to be returned to the operating system.". If the table is completely recreated then do I need to specifically ask for ANALYZE to happen or are the statistics updated automatically as the rows are written to the new version of the table ?

Thanks,