Question regarding DEALLOCATE pdo_stmt_00000001 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurentius Purba
Subject Question regarding DEALLOCATE pdo_stmt_00000001
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

I've been seeing lots of this processes in my database DEALLOCATE pdo_stmt_00000001 with idle state.

Executing select * from pg_stat_activity where query like 'DEALLOCATE%'; I can see some of them are idle for +/- 30 minutes, and there is one idle for 4 days.

When I checked one of the pid by executing select * from pg_stat_activity where pid = 63882; (for example), after few minutes (can be longer), it became DISCARD ALL and after that it was removed from pg_stat_activity.

I was wondering if this is the normal behavior, since some of them are idle for +/- 30 minutes.

I am using PostgreSQL 9.3.2 and PgBouncer.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

-Laurentius