Re: Issues with inconsistent COLLATION installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cory Nemelka
Subject Re: Issues with inconsistent COLLATION installation
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you :) I'll try restarting postgresql during our next maintenance window and report back.
--cnemelka

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 3:08 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org> writes:
> I can reproduce this by creating a new locale *after* starting
> PostgreSQL and trying to use it before a restart.

That is interesting.  I think it must mean that glibc's setlocale()
and newlocale() maintain some kind of internal cache about available
locales ... and there's no logic to flush it if /usr/share/locale
changes.  The individual backends are probably inheriting the cache
state via fork from the postmaster.

                        regards, tom lane