Re: Issues with inconsistent COLLATION installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cory Nemelka
Subject Re: Issues with inconsistent COLLATION installation
Date
List pgsql-general
We have already run pg_import_system_collations('pg_catalog')
--cnemelka

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 12:43 PM Cory Nemelka <cnemelka@gmail.com> wrote:
We are having issues with some databases getting our locales generated.  We are using Ubuntu 18.04 and postgresql 10.8.

Example:

from bash prompt:

$ locale -a | egrep fr
fr_BE
fr_BE@euro
fr_BE.iso88591
fr_BE.iso885915@euro
fr_BE.utf8
fr_CA
fr_CA.iso88591
fr_CA.utf8
fr_CH
fr_CH.iso88591
fr_CH.utf8
french
fr_FR
fr_FR@euro
fr_FR.iso88591
fr_FR.iso885915@euro
fr_FR.utf8
fr_LU
fr_LU@euro
fr_LU.iso88591
fr_LU.iso885915@euro
fr_LU.utf8

from psql prompt:

[local] cnemelka@postgres=# create collation french (provider=libc,locale='fr_FR.utf8');
ERROR:  22023: could not create locale "fr_FR.utf8": No such file or directory
DETAIL:  The operating system could not find any locale data for the locale name "fr_FR.utf8".
LOCATION:  report_newlocale_failure, pg_locale.c:1312

Anyone having similar issues or know of the solution?

TIA,
--cnemelka