Re: New wrapper library: QUINCE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Larry White
Subject Re: New wrapper library: QUINCE
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm not a C++ developer, but this looks like a really well-designed API. Nice work.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Jov <amutu@amutu.com> wrote:
A cool project!

Hi PostgreSQLers,

I've released an open-source library called quince (QUeries In C++ Expressions) that helps you access PostgreSQL from C++.  I know, I know: you've got plenty of those already, but this one is different ...

It's an EDSL (Embedded Domain-Specific Language), which lets you build sophisticated SQL queries in C++ syntax with C++ data types, and it's also an ORM, which figures out how to represent your C++ structs/classes/tuples as multiple columns. It's a plain old library, so no special compiler and no code generation step. And fwiw it works with sqlite too (and maybe other DBMSes in the future -- it's a matter of adding backend libraries).

It's all explained at http://quince-lib.com .

Cheers,
--- Michael Shepanski