Regarding storenode in Slony - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Neel Patel
Subject Regarding storenode in Slony
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

As per the slony documentation and code "storenode" API requires below two arguments.

storenode(p_no_comment integer, p_no_id text)

As per the pgAdmin code we are executing below SQL which is wrong.

SELECT "_<cluster_name>".storeNode(99, 'AdminNode', false);

Following are the steps ( PostgreSQL 9.2 ):

1. Go to any database and right click "New Slony I cluster ..."

2.  In the dialog give following inputs.

     Join existing cluster --- Uncheck
     Cluster name ---- MyCluster
      Local node ---- 1 , MasterNode
      Admin node --- 99, AdminNode
      Comment ---- TestComment

3. Click "OK" button.

4. Error will come saying  "function _MyCluster.storenode(integer, unknown, boolean) does not exists".

We need only two arguments to "storenode()" function.

Why we are passing three arguments to the storeNode() API ? Any Specific reason ?

Thanks,
Neel Patel

Is there any specific reason to